Neeraj Gupta's comments
They say that the pen is mightier than the sword and what better way to tackle the situation of unemployment in India than through education? In India, the unemployment rate is a little above 5%. But considering the gigantic population of around 1.39 billion, we are talking about a sizable number of people. We believe that breaking down the problem and strengthening at the roots, i.e. education, could not only reduce the unemployment but also improve the quality of employment.
What is the goal?
Our goal is to create a mentor-mentee interaction-based platform that benefits the mentee in utilizing their abilities to the maximum, made aware of possible challenges that lie ahead of them and how to potentially tackle them.
How do we get the mentor on board?
Create incentives such as reduction of taxes, or reduction of educational fee for their children (implemented in association with the govt), or simply proving a certificate.
How do we pick who gets the mentorship?
Resources are limited and so are the number of mentors, hence to maintain an academic standard we will have a sort of filtration in place which can be done through examinations.
Where do we come in?
We will provide a platform where all the interactions between students and mentors will take place. Could be via text, voice or video. We will use the data collected to generate statistics of the interactions, for example - number of calls made per week, length of the calls, number of messages per week, etc.
Why is a platform important?
To be able to monitor and prove allegations against a mentor or student, we must have some basis. Thus, creating a platform where all interactions between the students and mentors may it be in the form of text messages, voice calls or video calls will be recorded and processed by us.
- Appear for an examination, clearing the exam with the required cut-off will make that student an eligible candidate for the platform.
- Allotment of mentors to the mentees based on what course and field of study the student takes interest in and preferably from the same locality (though interactions will be purely online unless decided by the both parties).
- Communication Interface will be established on which the mentor and mentee and interact. All the communications will be monitored, and stats will be recorded to avoid any discrimination, abuse or baseless allegations.
- Mentees will present their progress to the mentor regularly so that the mentor can analyse and better guide the mentee or drop the mentee in the cases of lack of interest seen from their side.
- In the end, both the mentor and mentees will be filling a feed back form regarding each other’s behaviour, efforts, comfort, and other skills which would help the platform suggest the best mentors to the further upcoming mentees.
- Mentors and Mentees will have healthy teacher student relationship which would reflect in the students academic as well as practical progress.
- We can have a ranking system based on the feedback for both students and mentors that'll help us revise the list frequently and will also help the platform suggest better ranked mentors for our mentees.
- Mentee are authorized through their college email ID only.
- Mentor are anonymous and can choose to reveal their identity.
- Have a separate segment for 9th to 12th grade students and college students.
- College students can mentor the high school mentees as well.
- Have the mentees fill a form on the basis of which the mentors would be assigned to them.